… UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — A faculty member in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications at Penn State has been recognized as one of the world’s most influential researchers. About 61% of these graduates were women and the other 39% were men. CARGC Book Talk: Wazhmah Osman, Temple University. Jan 15. Undergraduate Admissions. The college is home to the departments of Advertising/Public Relations, Film-Video and Media Studies, Journalism, and Telecommunications. Dec 03. In spite of the fact that it is now the largest accredited communications program in the United States, it continues to grow at a rapid pace. Annenberg Conversations on Race: Kadija Ferryman and Julia Ticona. Dec 10. As Penn State’s central public relations and marketing division, we strategically advance and protect the University’s reputation in ways that drive recognition and support; attract outstanding faculty, staff, and students; and build upon our strong reputation for research and educational excellence. The college offers undergraduate, masters, and PhD degrees. The College of Communications is the journalism and mass communications college of the Pennsylvania State University at the University Park campus. Learn about our Ph.D. program and Penn’s undergraduate Communication major. The Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications provides the opportunities and resources of a large university with the personalized feel and support of a small school. The Penn State College of Communications was founded in 1985. Each student must complete and submit either a master's project or thesis. The Office of Strategic Communications. The Bellisario College uses a proven approach to help students prepare for success. Dec 04 . CARGC Colloquium: Hana Masri, Annenberg School. … The Analog Edit Suite, the Centre County Report Newsroom, Equipment Center, Computer Lab and Finestra Digital Editing Lab are located in Suite 213 of the Lubert Building. Events . The master's project option consists of a creative production with an accompanying scholarly essay. Communications (COMM_PMAJ) (Start at any campus and Finish: University Park): Communications (Undecided): Available for transfer applicants with less than two (2) years of course work at another University or College. These facilities are available … Graduate Admissions. As the largest accredited program of its kind in the nation, students can find numerous opportunities to fit in and succeed. Penn State University Park Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program. For University Park: A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 is required for all College of Communication majors. Professor Homero Gil de Zuñiga was identified by Clarivate as a 2020 Highly Cited Researcher for the production of multiple highly cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 147 students earned a bachelor's degree in communications from Penn State University Park. Originally known as the School of Communications, the communications program proved so popular that it was officially made a college of Penn State University in 1995. Students admitted to the Master of Arts in Communications Program at Penn State Harrisburg must complete 36 credits, 21 of which must be at the 500 level in order to be granted the degree. College of Communications Industry: Penn State Department. The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Penn State University Park are white. Black Media-Makers and the Fierce Urgency of Now.