Upflex Response to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
Here at Upflex, the health and safety of our users and our Space Partners is our first priority. We have been monitoring COVID-19 (the coronavirus) carefully and want to update you on what it means for Upflex users and our Space Partners.
What we’re doing:
- Increasing transparency in our partner spaces’ policies. We have spaces all over the world, in both high-risk and low-risk areas. We are asking all our partner spaces to update us on the measures they are taking in order to keep their members and guests safe.
- Extending Day Pass expiration dates. If you signed up for Upflex and received a Day Pass to use in the first 30 days, we’ve automatically removed this expiration date for you.
- Upflex Staff Safety. We are committed to our Upflex staff members’ health as well and are asking any staff member who feels unwell to stay home, as well as allowing our staff to work remotely.
- We encourage Upflex users and Space Partners to follow the precautions and steps recommended by the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Best practices include:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer)
- Avoiding touching your nose, mouth, and eyes
- Wiping down cell phones and other personal devices with disinfectants twice a day
- Instead of shaking hands, consider waving or bumping elbows
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoiding exposure to others who are sick
- Staying home when you are sick
- We are asking our users to not visit spaces if they are feeling ill, have a cough, fever, or any difficulty breathing.
- We are asking our spaces to consider increasing daytime cleaning and sanitation and to provide sanitizing wipes and sprays to their communities.
- We are also recommending social distancing, including reducing occupancy by half and keeping members a minimum of 1 yard away from each other.
We will be continuing to monitor this situation and stay in regular communication with our users and partners as this goes on. Our hearts go out to those who have been affected by the virus and we will do our part to help protect each and every member of our global family.